Take a look at the current state of the CEN blog, Grand CENtral. I’m so proud of the work done my my colleagues, and also of the trust placed in us by our supervisors. One more meeting, and we’ll probably launch ahead of our Sept. 1 target date!
Some of the issues we’re still working out:
- how often to post in order to distribute the load and avoid burnout,
- what to do with the Spanish posts: keep them in the main blog? translate everything? only some things? nothing- have them be unique posts? create a parallel blog with mutual links?
- where to put the link to the blog on the library’s web pages
- whether to post under our own names, or all post as “central”
- whose a** will be on the line if a post is questioned
Another thing we need to work on – though not necessarily before we launch – is to create a manual of style and management guidelines with the passwords, the e-mail address to post from the road or from the reference desk, information about adding and deleting authors, information about posting from an author’s private account vs the blog’s account, and style guidelines for formatting similar posts similarly, i.e. book review format should include … photos should be x pixels wide… average post length should be y words …